Friday, May 27, 2011

Mother Earth Zest® Tea



May 25
Review: Sacred Rose Mother Earth Zest
Fennel Tea, Ginger Tea, Herbal Tea, Mint Tea, Sacred Rose, Sage Tea Add comments
Shaiha’s Teaview Snapshot
Thumbs up! "A light and refreshing blend of ginger, spearmint, fennel and sage. Recommended if you enjoy spearmint."
Shaiha’s Teaview: 8.4/10
Other Teaviews: Dan gave it 7.0/10, Geoff gave it 9.5/10
Your Reviews: Add your review »
Today is one of those days where I could really use a do-over card. On these days, I have found that grounding and centering myself really seems to help. And I do use tea to help in this process. Since I just happened to have a sample of an herbal blend that is specifically designed for this, I decided to give it a try.

Mother Earth Zest is a blend comprised of ginger, spearmint, fennel and sage. According to the website it assists in bringing a sense of fullness and grounding to our lives. It is also supposed to help with digestion. Looking at my sample, it is rather green with smaller bits of dried herbs. The aroma is predominantly spearmint with just a touch of ginger.

The brewing instructions call for one teaspoon of the blend added to boiling water and let steep for three to five minutes. Since I tend to prefer my herbals stronger, I decided to let it steep for five minutes. The infusion is a pale cloudy green with a strong aroma of spearmint with a hint of sage coming out.

When it is very hot the brightness of the spearmint and the spiciness of the ginger play nicely on the tip of the tongue. As the blend starts to cool, the flavors start to blend more and I am able to pick up the sage also. I am not able to find the fennel though I am sure that it is part of the marriage of tastes.

I find this to be a very enjoyable herbal blend that I will probably keep around the house just to sip and to also use for grounding. Though I will recommend to ensure that you enjoy spearmint before giving this blend a try.

— To purchase Sacred Rose Mother Earth Zest, or for more specific information on ingredients or the story behind this particular blend, click here to go directly to the manufacturer's web site.
Teaviews Member: Shaiha Shaiha
Teaviews.com Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment